Arlington uses the SchoolMessenger callout service to phone you about emergencies, school closings, and early dismissals, as well as to remind you about school activities and important dates. As we look to reduce the paper we send home, we will be increasingly using SchoolMessenger to email forms and pertinent school and district information.
- Each parent/guardian has a SchoolMessenger account, so each parent will receive messages on the primary phone and email we have listed for you.
- Non-custodial parents will receive phone notifications (if we have your number), unless you opt out using the new SchoolMessenger App.
- All parents/guardians who do not want to receive a 5:00am closing/delay call must opt out using the App. Please sign up for the SchoolMessenger App immediately so that you get the information you want, the way you want it!
- The district has automatically added one primary phone number and one email per parent/guardian to SchoolMessenger to receive notifications. If you want to receive messages at any other phone number or email address, you must add this contact information through the App.
- It is now easy to opt in to text messages!
The SchoolMessenger App
The SchoolMessenger App provides access to all the messages and information sent by the Arlington Central School District and our schools in one place. Accessible from any internet-enabled device, the SchoolMessenger App visually displays and organizes alerts, notifications, and attachments for easy review and reference.
The SchoolMessenger App provides you with the ability to
- view and listen to messages sent from your school or district
- customize how you receive messages from the school or district
If you download the app on your mobile phone, you will be able to receive push notifications.
In order to sign up for the App, you must have a valid email address and it must be listed in SchoolTool. If you have a *SchoolTool (Parent) Portal account, you will use your Parent Portal email address.
In order to register for the SchoolTool Portal, complete the registration form. For security purposes, parents must return the form in person to their child's school. Please bring a driver's license or photo ID. If you have children in more than one school, you can list all of your children on one form and return the form to whichever school is more convenient. If you have any questions about this process, or if you live out of town, please contact the SchoolTool Portal Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*SchoolMessenger is the system that notifies parents of important school and district announcements, including closings, delays, and other emergencies.
SchoolTool is our student records management system and the SchoolTool (Parent) Portal allows parents to access information about their child's schedules, assignments, report cards, and assessment scores.
For help with SchoolMessenger OR Parent Portal, please email email@example.com.
Opt In to Receive Text Messages
In addition to using email, to send messages. there are times that the school or district will also send information via text message. If you have not already signed up for texting through the SchoolMessenger App, you can now opt in to receive text messages by texting "Y" to 67587 from the cell phone that we have on file for you. You can also add a cell phone via the SchoolMessenger App.