Frequently Asked Questions
How often does my child have music?
4th and 5th grade will have music twice every six-day cycle for 40 minutes. 3rd grade students have music classes once in a six-day cycle for 40 minutes.
How will my child be graded in music class?
Students will receive an overall grade for music that is based on the following three indicators:
- Performs grade-level music skills
- Demonstrates understanding of music concepts
- Participates actively and productively
Students will receive a score of 1-4 on each indicator.
- 1 Needs Support
- 2 Progressing
- 3 Proficient
- 4 Excelling
What are good questions to ask my child about music class?
- What songs did you learn to sing?
- What is your favorite song to sing in class? Can you sing some of the song for me?
- What types of notes are you focusing on reading and writing? Can you draw and play them for me?
- What is your favorite instrument to play in music? Can you describe how you play this instrument?
- Can you teach me a folk dance that you learned in class?
What should my child wear to concerts?
We ask that students dress in a neat and clean way. We ask that they refrain from wearing sneakers, jeans, sweatpants, shorts, and flip-flops.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions: