Universal Pre-Kindergarten Lottery
The Arlington Central School District Universal Pre-K program (UPK) Lottery for the 2023-2024 school year is now closed.
The Arlington Central School District is pleased to provide an opportunity for Arlington families to enter a lottery for our Universal Pre-K program (UPK) for the 2023-2024 school year.
We are partnering with area daycare providers and agencies for the 2023-2024 school year. The program will NOT be housed in our school buildings. We are currently partnered with the following providers:
- Archdiocese of Dutchess County
- Holy Trinity - 20 Springside Ave., Poughkeepsie, NY
- Holy Trinity Annex, St. Peters, 12 Father Cody Dr., Poughkeepsie, NY
- Cinnamon Tree Daycare - 3 Freedom Rd., LaGrangeville, NY
Students will be assigned based on the number of seats available at each location. While we will do our best to assign you to a facility closest to your home, this may not always be possible.
This five-hour school day program will run Monday - Friday starting in September 2023. Student hours will vary at individual agency locations. Families will need to provide lunch and transportation daily.
Only Arlington CSD residents whose children were born between December 2, 2018 and December 1, 2019 are eligible for the UPK program.
Please note the following:
- Preschool students with disabilities that require a program (whether it is integrated or self-contained, half or full day) should remain in their approved program as per their IEP.
- Preschool students with disabilities who only receive services (OT, PT, speech or counseling) and/or who work with a special education itinerant teacher (SEIT), are eligible for the UPK lottery. SEIT and related services may be delivered at the UPK site or in the home. Any parents of preschool students with disabilities who have questions should reach out to Ms. Hershey via email at email@example.com or via phone at 845-486-4494, ext. 20200.
Due to the limited number of available Universal Pre-Kindergarten seats, the District will conduct a random lottery to select students for the program. Parents interested in having their child considered for UPK must complete the electronic Universal Pre-K Lottery form. Please submit only one form per child. We will delete duplicate entries.
If you need help completing the lottery form, please call or stop by your local elementary school between 9am and 2pm. If you call after hours, please leave a message and someone will get back to you.
We will notify families of their initial lottery status by June 30th, 2023. Eligible families will need to make an appointment to complete the registration process as soon as possible. Please see our Arlington Universal Pre-K Questions and Answers for more information. If you have any further questions, send an email to ArlingtonUPK@acsdny.org
We are excited to offer this UPK program for the 2023-2024 school year and look forward to working with local providers and agencies to offer this valuable opportunity to eligible Arlington families.
Universal Pre-Kindergarten Electronic Lottery Form
Universal Pre-Kindergarten Questions and Answers
Universal Pre-Kindergarten Preguntas y respuestas del