Arlington Strategic Plan
Our Mission is to empower all students to be self-directed lifelong learners,
who willingly contribute to their community, and lead passionate, purposeful lives.
We believe that:
- All people have inherent value.
- Lifelong learning is essential for growth.
- A community thrives when all members embrace their interdependence with compassion and empathy.
- Potential can only be attained through commitment, resilience, and high expectations.
- All people can learn.
- Change is essential for progress.
- All people are responsible for their choices and actions.
- Develop systems that are clear and consistently applied across the organization that promote interdependence, efficiency, and trust in order to support and contribute to our strategic objectives and mission.
- Develop trusting, collaborative, interdependent relationships and empower all employees to understand, support, and contribute to our strategic objectives and mission.
- Each student will continually pursue new knowledge, deeper understanding, or skill in a topic of their interest.
- Each student will continually and willingly contribute to their community.
- Each student will demonstrate initiative, responsibility, and action toward a goal of their choosing.
We will not:
- Adopt any new program or service unless it is:
- Aligned with and contributes to our mission.
- Accompanied by the resources needed for its effective implementation.
- Allow past experience or tradition to prevent consideration of new ideas.
Strategic Plan - Printable Version
Arlington Central School District
Adopted by BOE 1/8/13