Arlington Council PTSA
The Arlington Council Parent Teacher Student Association encompasses 10 PTAs representing 11 Arlington schools and Special Education(SEPTA)
The Arlington Council Parent Teacher Student Association encompasses 10 PTAs in the Arlington Central School District representing 11 schools and Special Education (SEPTA). This includes the following schools: Arlington High School, Lagrange Middle School, Union Vale Middle School, Arthur S. May School, Beekman Elementary School, Joseph D'Aquanni West Road Intermediate School, Noxon Elementary School, Overlook Primary School, Titusville Intermediate School, Traver Road Primary School and Vail Farm Elementary School. The Council meets once a month.
Arlington Council PTSA Mission:
- To create and promote a sense of unity amongst the individual PTA units of the Arlington Central School District.
- To serve as a resource of PTA operational and regulatory guidelines for uniformity amongst the individual units within the Arlington School District.
- To establish effective communication amongst individual PTA units, Arlington staff and administration, Board of Education, and our community, and to provide opportunity for discussion amongst these entities on issues related to Arlington.
- To coordinate and/or sponsor district-wide events, such as the MS&T Fair and the Arlington Arts Fair, in order to further advance unity amongst our large district.
- To advance the PTA mission statement at a district-wide level.
- To promote the welfare of the children and youth in home, school, community, and places of worship, to raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social and spiritual education.
2018 - 2019 Officers:
President - Lisa Schlissel
Vice President - Becky Coles
Treasurer - Nicole Hepler
Secretary - Briar McNutt
Special Education Parent Teacher Association (SEPTA)
SEPTA addresses the unique challenges in parenting and educating children with different learning styles and special needs. They have monthly meetings and sponsor monthly presentations with speakers from the community and have peer led support groups. For more information, please contact ArlingtonSchoolsSEPTA@gmail.com
Arlington Council Events:
The following events are PTA sponsored district-wide events. All Arlington students can participate in these events. Participation gives students the opportunity to create and share their knowledge and talents. These events are open to the community.
This year's theme is "Heros Around Me.".Artwork can be any of the following mediums: visual arts, photography, music composition, literature, film production and/or dance choreography.
- The Reflections Ceremony celebrating participants will be held on (date TBA) at LaGrange Middle School from 6pm to 7:00pm.
- Artwork will be displayed through out the community - locations to be listed at a future date.
- For more information, please contact Leslie Lugo at email@example.com
Math, Science and Technology Fair (MS&T Fair)
All student are welcome to participate with an individual or a group project in one of the following catagories: physics, engineering, biology, chemistry, mathematics, computer science, earth and space science, behavioral or social sciences and environmental science.For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Arlington Art Fair
April 6, 2019 from 11am - 4pm at Lagrange Middle School
This event highlights artistic and musical talents of students (and faculty, too). The fair features painting, photography, sculpture, mixed-media projects and musical performances. For more information, please contact email@example.com.
If you would like more information or have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org