Ideas for Learning Opportunities Beyond the School Day
- Read a book to yourself, another member or your household, or a stuffed animal.
- Read a book online.
- Listen to an audiobook.
- Complete a Reading Response.
- Write about a topic of your choice.
- Keep a journal entry.
- Send a letter or email to a loved one.
- Write letters to the soldiers of the elderly in nursing homes.
- Complete a writing activity similar to one we have already done in class (a personal narrative, an "expert" book).
- Complete a math activity on paper or online.
- Play one of the many math games found in the Math Links folder.
- Practice addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division facts (flashcards or online games).
- Research a topic that you are interested in.
- Watch a video online.
- Go to our Science folder and review concepts previously taught by viewing videos and doing the activities.
- Go to our S.S. folder and play one of the Continent games.
- Take a virtual tour of a zoo or museum.
- Complete a STEAM activity.