The Arlington Central School District is located 75 miles north of New York City and is comprised of eight elementary schools, two middle schools, and one high school. Geographically, the district covers an area of 114 square miles and is situated to the east of both the Hudson River and the City of Poughkeepsie. There are approximately 8,200 students in the Arlington Schools. Student achievement is high. Approximately ninety percent of our graduates continue their education in college while ten percent enter military service or the work force.
“The Arlington Central School District mission is to empower all students to be self-directed, lifelong learners, who willingly contribute to their community, and lead passionate, purposeful lives.”
The Arlington School District covers most of the towns of LaGrange, Pleasant Valley, Beekman, and Union Vale, as well as significant portions of the Town of Poughkeepsie and East Fishkill. We also serve small pockets of Hyde Park, Wappinger, and Pawling. Only children residing within the district boundaries are eligible for enrollment in the Arlington School District. Because the district lines cross over into other towns, we strongly advise checking with the district to confirm your address before purchasing a home or enrolling your student.
District Address and Phone
Arlington Central School District
144 Todd Hill Road
LaGrangeville, NY 12540
Central Administrative Office Phone: (845) 486-4460
Business Office Fax: (845) 486-4492
- Full-day kindergarten
- Full range special education services, including pre-school special education support
- Art, Music, and Physical Education beginning in kindergarten
- Instrumental instruction beginning in the 4th grade
- Chosen by American Music Conference as one of the Best 100 School Districts for music education
- Team-based instruction structure at the middle schools
- 21 Advanced Placement (AP) courses at the high school
- With a total of 71 Board Certified teachers, Arlington has the second highest number of Board Certified teachers among all school districts in NYS
- Over 55 clubs offered at the high school
- Over 45 athletic teams: (including freshmen, junior varsity, & varsity)
Guidance Related Programs and Services
- Guidance and Administration operate under team structure at high school.
- Low student:counselor ratios provide more personalized service delivery.
- School social worker and psychologist services in every building.
- Over 2500 computers for instruction
- All computers connect to the Internet
- Computers in every instructional area
- "Project Lead the Way" technology classroom in all middle schools
- Interactive Projection Systems in all Library Media Centers, Instructional Computer Labs, and core classrooms.
- 2 Networked computers in each Kindergarten classroom
- 3 Networked computers in each First Grade classroom
- 5 Networked computers in each Second, Third, Fourth, and Five Grade Classroom
- Full wireless access in middle and high school (Access Point in Every Classroom)
- Bring Your Own Technology Pilots at Arlington High School, Union Vale Middle and LaGrange Middle
- Mobile learning devices in all schools
- Three computer labs at each middle school
- Six computer labs at the high school
- 9 active school PTA’s (Traver Road/Joseph D’Aquuani West Road Schools and Overlook/Titusville Schools have combined PTA’s). Arlington also has a Special Education PTA (SEPTA).
- Representation on Building Level Teams, Technology Teams, and Special Task Forces
School and Community
- Community use of facilities
- Over 300 Continuing Education courses offered annually
- Golden Admiral Discount Cards for District senior citizens (age 62+)