Welcome to the Arlington Central School District (ACSD)!
Our district is comprised of eight elementary schools, two middle schools and one high school. We are located in Dutchess County, NY and our neighboring school districts are Wappingers Central School District, Poughkeepsie City School District and Spackenkill Union Free School District.
Students are assigned to a school based on the attendance zone where they reside. Please see our Street Listing to determine which school your child will attend or call Student Registration for more information. To register your child at ACSD, please make an appointment by contacting the Student Registration Office. Contact numbers listed below.
During your scheduled appointment, parents/ guardians must provide the necessary documentation listed below (ways to show proof are outlined in the guides below):
- Original Birth Certificate with Raised Seal or Certified Copy
- Parent Photo ID (i.e. Driver’s License)
- Registration Form (2 sided) with Parent Signature
- Two (2) Valid Proofs of District Residency (please see letter enclosed for list of acceptable documents)
- A current electric bill that shows “for service at” the current address or letter from the electric company stating that you have established service at the new address.
- Home Language Questionnaire
- Residency Requirement Affidavit
- Health History Form with Parent Signature
- Confidential Emergency Information Summary Sheet with Parent Signature (white)
- Emergency Health Information Summary with Parent Signature (yellow)
- Current Immunization Record with Physician’s Signature and date of exam
NYS Immunization Requirements (English) and (Spanish)
- Current Physical Exam – within the last 12 months
- Dental Health Certificate (requested by New York State)
- Custody Papers
- Non-Custodial Parent Affidavits
- Order of Protection
- Transportation Request Form (For children being picked up or dropped off at an approved location other than home.)
- Report card from previous school
- SPED Accommodation (IEP/504) from previous school
NYSED Guides to Understanding the New Rules for School Registration (click links to open):
Student Registration is located at the Central Administrative Office on 144 Todd Hill Road, LaGrangeville, NY 12540.
Phone: (845) 227-1821
Fax: (845) 227-8022
Incoming Kindergarten Resource Kit
Welcome to Kindergarten! Incoming kindergarten students will be receiving a resource kit to help them develop and strengthen several key skills during the months leading up to the first day of kindergarten.
In this video, teacher Laura Oliver talks about various strategies for using the resource kit.