In support of efforts towards community containment of the COVID-19 virus, and based on the recommendation of the Dutchess County Department of Behavioral and Community Health, effective Friday, March 13, 2020, we are cancelling/postponing non-academic activities and events through Thursday, April 30, 2020.
Therefore, the following classes are on HOLD until May 1:
- I Liq Chuan (Tai Chi)
- Ballroom classes (Beginnner, Intermediate, & Swing Special)
- Yoga (Beginner, Intermediate, Restorative)
- Self Hypnosis
- Line Dancing (Beginner and Improver)
- Acrylic Painting
- Hula Hoop
- Baton Twirling
- Advanced Vegetable Gardening
- Conversational Spanish
- Conversational Italian
- International Cuisine
- 6 hr Defensive Driving Classes
- Plant Based Nutrition
- Plant Based Cooking and Baking
- Learn It! Grow It! East it!
- Defensive Driving
- American Red Cross CPR/AED
- Belly Dancing
- Notary Public Review
- All Classes schedule to begin in April
The Donna Summer Musical scheduled for March 28, has been put on hold (NO performance). I am waiting to hear from Proctor’s if/when they will be rescheduling the production.
Baseball games and Dear Evan Hansen will be determined at a later date.
Thank you to all of you who have been participating and are understanding as we ALL face this challenge together. Please be safe and take care of yourselves and loved ones.
See you soon.
Karen Turcio, Coordinator
Arlington is proud to offer over 300 annual continuing education classes for adults, teens, and children.
Learning does not end after high school, college, or even graduate school…it is a lifelong endeavor. Arlington is proud to offer over 300 annual continuing education classes for adults, teens, and children.
Students may now register online and pay with a credit card: Online brochure and registration
All Arlington residents who are 62 years or older can receive a Golden Admiral Card, which entitles Arlington senior citizens to a 10% discount off all Continuing Education courses (unless otherwise noted). Please include a copy of your driver's license when registering. This card also allows the holder to attend a variety of Arlington High School concerts, sporting events, and theatrical performances free of charge or at a reduced fee.
Please note the following:
- Registration is requested one week prior to the start date of classes (unless specified) but registration will be accepted through the first week of class if space is available.
- Early registration is encouraged to ensure placement and to avoid possible cancellation due to insufficient enrollment.
Confirmations are only sent to those who submit a working email address.
- You will be notified if there is a change in the class you signed up for. If you are not contacted, simply attend your first class.
- Those registering online will get an automatic confirmation/receipt.
- Those who pay by check: your canceled check is your receipt.
- Refunds will be granted only if class is canceled.
- Classes canceled due to inclement weather will be posted on the Arlington website. You may also go to cancellations.com. These classes will be made up at the end of the course.
- High school students are permitted to take any class.
- Middle school students are permitted to take classes providing they are accompanied by a parent/guardian who is also enrolled in the class.
- Courses designed for younger students do not require a parent to take the course, but parents must walk children to and from class.
- All classes (unless specified otherwise) will be held at Arlington High School.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited on school grounds.
- Please be aware that some activities may have unusual risks and it may be necessary for participants to sign a waiver.
- Classes will not be held: 2/14-2/17, 4/4-4/13, and 5/22-5/25.