Covid Guidelines for Staff
Please read the following Covid guidelines for all Arlington staff:
- Masks are not required (unless returning from isolation).
- Masks are recommended, but not required, when you know you have been exposed to a positive case.
- Isolation for (5) days is required if you test positive. You should return to work after five days if you are fever free for 24 hours and your symptoms are improving. A well-fitting mask must be worn until ten days after testing positive or ten days from symptom onset.
- If you test positive for Covid, notify your supervisor and complete this form: CovidReportingForm. The form and backup documentation should be submitted as indicated. Depending on the situation, your sick time may be reinstated after review.
- Schools are not required to offer diagnostic testing or screening for Covid.
- We will offer employees home test kits and masks upon request and as available.
Please be advised that as of September 1, 2023 due to the accessibility of Covid testing, the Human Resource Department will no longer be accepting home tests as proof of a Covid diagnosis. In order to receive sick time reimbursement (if eligible), you will need to provide us with a positive Covid diagnosis from a medical facility (e.g., Urgent Care or your primary physician).