Sports Registration - Family ID
To next year's 7th and 8th students and families,
This is a reminder that Family ID registration for Fall Sports will open August 8th and close August 26th. Family ID is located on the homepage of the LMS website. Look for the blue round button at the bottom of the page that says “Click here”.
It is important that when you register in Family ID, that you use an email that you check daily. Vital information regarding tryouts, transportation, COVID protocols etc. will be sent to the email that you use during the registration process. Physicals can be attached in Family ID (or) faxed to the nurses office at 845-350-4160. Fall sports will start on September 7th. Next year's 7th and 8th grade students are eligible to tryout for the following fall sports:
Girls Soccer Girls Cross Country Girls Field Hockey
Boys Soccer Boys Cross Country Girls Volleyball
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.
LaGrange Middle School
845-486-4880 ext. 22115
HOW TO MAKE THE SPORTS CLEARANCE PROCESS EASIER!!
● REGISTER EARLY!!!! Late registrants will most likely NOT be cleared for the first day of try outs!
● Registrations are processed as they come in. Typically, in any season, there are close to 250
registrations that require processing.
● Please know that the nurses work very hard to make sure that every registration is looked at with
student safety as our number one priority. This process does take time. We thank you in advance for
● Make sure you have the most current physical on file in the health office. This physical must have the
following: signature and date of the primary healthcare provider, date of the actual physical, all vital
signs and review of body systems, and a statement of clearance for sports. If you’re going for a
physical exam in the next few months, please have a hearing and vision examination done at a
primary care physician or doctor.
● COVID positive students will need separate clearance from their primary healthcare provider on the
district form at the address below.
● If you have been excused from PE class for any reason in this school year, make sure that you have
clearance notes from the treating physician on file. Those clearance notes MUST include the
diagnosis or reason that you did not participate in PE class. The notes MUST have a statement that
says “Cleared for PE/SPORTS with no restrictions.” Please note that PE and competitive sports are
very different. Being cleared by your doctor to participate in PE does NOT automatically clear you for
● If you have a documented diagnosis of asthma anywhere in your medical history, you will need to
provide either a doctor’s order to carry an inhaler or a note from your doctor that states an inhaler is
no longer required. Only ONE form is accepted. Parent signature is required on this form as well. If
you have provided this document for this school year already, we do not need another one.
This is the address for the mandated form…
● If you have documented allergies which have ever required that you carry an Epipen and/or Benadryl
anywhere in your medical history, you will need to provide either a doctor’s order for an Epipen
and/or Benadryl or a note from your doctor that states this medication is no longer required. Only
ONE form is accepted. Parent signature is required on this form as well. If you have provided this
document for this school year already, we do not need another one.
This is the address for the mandated form…
● REGISTER EARLY!!! Late registrants will most likely NOT be cleared for the first day of try-outs.
● When you answer “Yes” to any question on the FamilyID.com health history, please understand that
the school physician may require further clearances/documentation from your treating physician.
Please continue to report medical history that is chronic or on-going, all YES entries for illnesses and
injuries must include a date. Please include as much information as you can as this will help speed up
the clearance process. Medical History that you have reported in the past and is resolved, not
requiring treatment or restrictions, does not need to be included in the current health history. (i.e –
Sprained ankle when student was 4 years old.)
● We will communicate with you regarding your registration and clearance issues via the email that
you use to register on FAMILYID.com, so please make sure that your registration includes a good
email address. Check that email frequently!