Welcome to Mr. LoGiurato's ELA class page. Please visit the navigation bar to the left for more information. Check out our classroom books. See me if you'd like to sign one out. Views best on a desktop browser (or download the app). On my phone, I use Chrome Browser, and request "desktop site" for easy navigating.
After school help. Tuesdays and Wednesdays 1112
INDEPENDENT READING JOURNALS (GUIDELINES)
Homework / Announcements / Files (please check all weeks below to gain access to assignments).
CALENDAR of events (click link) May 13th - END OF THE YEAR
- Romeo and Juliet UNIT PACKET
- HISTORY NOTES / LITERARY TERMS
- Text (SparkNotes)
- Audio Act 1
- ACT 1 NOTES (USED IN CLASS AND FOR STUDY GUIDE)
- ACT 2 NOTES
April 23-May 10th
- All assignments were posted on GOOGLE CLASSROOM (related to the RESEARCH PROJECT).
- The last 5 weeks have been dedicated solely to this project; and, over 2 full weeks were days given in class to work on it, either in the library or on Chromebooks. The Final Paper is due before 3:15 pm on Friday, May 17th. No late papers will be accepted after this time.
- M- Debates
- T- Introduction to Research Project (with Chromebooks), Review your packet and get parent slip signed and returned BEFORE April 23rd!!
- W- In-class notes, research, and primary research sheet
- Th-Primary research sheet due before the end of class. More notes/research. Finish 1st Google Classroom Assignment for HW.
- F- Finalize notes and practice using Google Classroom. Parent slips due upon return from break.
- M- Debate Prep
- T- Test/Essay Prep *All make-up work due Weds. 4/3 by 3:15pm*
- W- In-class final exam day one of three
- Th-In-class final exam day two of three
- F- In-class final exam day three of three (END OF Q3)
- Farewell to Manzanar FULL NOTES (Google Slides from class)
- Farewell to Manzanar Student Notes/activity packet
Audio (YouTube link):
- AUDIO FtM
Questions for HW:
- TEXT (Chapters 1-3 only)
- TEXT (Chapters 4-6 only)
- TEXT (Chapters 7-9 only)
- TEXT (Chapters 10-13 only)
- TEXT (Chapters 14-16 only)
- TEXT (Chapters 17-19 only)
- TEXT (Chapters 20-22 END)
- KAHOOT! Part 1 Review (works best on the Kahoot! app, otherwise open link and follow instructions to start a game. In a new window/tab, go to kahoot.it and join the game. Switch back and forth for questions).
- Kahoot! American Pastime movie
- Kahoot! Chapters 12-17 (Quiz on 3/14)
- Kahoot! Chapters 18-20 (Quiz on 3/19) ***High Score*** 30,184
- Kahoot! Book Review (TEST 3/25) 33 Questions (Difficulty: Hard)
- Kahoot! FULL BOOK REVIEW 77 Questions (Difficulty: Medium-Hard)
March 25-29 HW: Bring IR Book each day
- M- TEST Chapters 12-22
- T- Debate preparations (grade sheets distributed in class) *All make-up work due Weds. 4/3 by 3:15pm*
- W- Debate prep. / Public Speaking Drills
- Th-Debate prep. / Public Speaking Drills
- F- Begin Debates (Essay Q3 begins on Weds. 4/3)
March 18-23☘ HW: Bring IR Book each day
- M- Review Chapters 18-20 (Quiz Tues)
- T- Quiz 18-20 and begin reading Ch. 21
- W- Finish the book in class and review questions (note: all 21 and 22 questions are not due for HW).
- Th-Review Chapters 12-22. TEST FRIDAY.
- F- TEST 12-22 ******POSTPONED UNTIL MONDAY 3/25
March 11-15☘ HW: Bring IR Book each day
- M- Read and complete Chapters 13 and 14, prepare 12-14 questions on loose-leaf--Due Tues.
- T- Read Chapters 15, 16, 17 and complete loose-leaf questions (Due Weds.)
- W- Review 12-17, study for 12-17 quiz (multiple choice), finish any outstanding Literature Circle activities.
- Th-QUIZ 12-17--The day will be ½ independent reading, ½ Manzanar Work (Bring both books and finish Ch. 18 in Manzanar)
- F- Read and finish Chapters 19-20, along with reading questions. Be ready for a quiz on 18-20
March 4-7 HW: Bring IR Book each day
- M-2hr. Delay* Begin viewing American Pastime-film study WWII internment camps. Work on viewing guide (distributed in class)
- American Pastime is a 2007 film set in the Topaz War Relocation Center, a Utah prison camp which held thousands of people during the internment of Japanese Americans during World War II. *Directed by Desmond Nakano*
- T- American Pastime viewing, work on viewing guide again.
- W-Finish American Pastime and finalize viewing guide and writing prompt (about one page on loose-leaf)--See viewing guide for details (DUE THURS).
- Th-The day will be ½ independent reading, ½ Manzanar (Bring both books and finish Ch. 12 in Manzanar)
- F- NO CLASSES (Sup't Conf. Day) FINISH WRITING ASSIGNMENT DETAILED IN VIEWING GUIDE (Due Monday) * one-page loose-leaf response to 1 of 4 prompts on viewing log.
2/25-3/1 HW: Bring IR Book each day
- BE READY FOR A “POP” QUIZ ANY DAY
- Monday: Read Ch. 7, 8, 9 + 7-11 Questions (DUE Tuesday) THAT’S TOMORROW IN CLASS!!!!!!!
- Read Ch. 9 for HW and keep up with questions. We will read 10 and 11 tomorrow in class. 7-11 due by end of the period.
- Tuesday: Review / Make study guides / Study
- Test on Friday, After School Help TUESDAY ONLY
- Weds: Study (test Friday loose-leaf notes)
- Thursday: Literature Circle
- Friday: No Journal, TEST (NO HW)
2/19-2/22 HW: Bring IR Book each day
- T- NONE
- W- Finish Reading Ch. 4, and 5 (finish questions if you can)
- Th-Read and finish Chs. 4-6 HW (on loose-leaf)--DUE TOMORROW
- F-Read Ch. 7 and 8 (no Journal this week)
2/4-2/8 HW: Bring IR Book each day
- M-Distribute Unit Packet and take Notes WWII
- Tues HW: Finish anticipation guide #1-6
- Weds HW: Finish anticipation guide #7-10
- Thursday HW: Finish KWP Sheet
- Friday HW: Finish Reading Foreward, Ch. 1, IR Journal (Periods 6 and 8 only)
1/28-2/1 HW: Bring IR Book each day
- M-Finish any outstanding group assignments for "Probable Passage" and Short Stories
- T- SNOW DAY
- W-2-Hr. Delay / Early Dismissal
- Th-Introduction to Stereotypes and Biases. Work on Pre-reading Ch. 1 of new text. HW postponed due to delay (Possible Sentences Activity).
- F- Independent Reading (Journal DUE MONDAY) / Finish Chapter 1 in FtM / review and submit Possible Sentences Activity.
1/14-1/18 HW: Bring IR Book each day
- M-Review "Probable Passage" Guidelines / Assign group roles for short story reading
- See link to left "Short Stories" to get access to each story printed in class.
- T- Finish Probable Passage worksheet and read secret article (see link for all materials)
- W-Group work day-pick a short story (one per group, with no repeats) and fill out "Probable Passage" form using the story clues. Then, begin reading your story together. MAKE-UP WORK DUE TOMORROW
- Th-Reading / Working Day ***All stories must be read by Friday***
- F- END OF QUARTER, ALL ACTIVITIES DUE BY END OF PERIOD, Independent Reading
1/3-1/11 HW: Bring IR Book each day
- W-Intro to Poe, no HW
- Th-Notes and group discussion on Poe 1st paragraph, review POE VOCABULARY
- F- Independent Reading in class, begin "The Cask of Amontillado" through page 235
- M-Read and finish "The Cask of Amontillado," by Edgar Allan Poe, Complete the corresponding Study Guide (link)
- T- Plot Pyramid Poe (see link Plot Chart), study while working on review packet
- Kahoot! - open this link in one browser tab, then play the game on another device/tab
- W- Review Day--Essay Thursday and Friday on Values, Choices, and Consequences. See previous weeks for study materials and stories.
- Th-Essay Day #1
- F- Essay Day #2
12/17-12/21 HW: Bring IR Book each day
- M- Complete your Plot Pyramid for "TMDG" (see link in previous week)
- T- Complete Writing Assignment #8, study for quiz
- Kahoot! - open this link in one browser tab, then play the game on another device/tab
- W- QUIZ TODAY "TMDG"
- Th- NONE
- F- IR Journal
12/10-12/14 HW: Bring IR Book each day
- M- Complete Writing #7 for "TLotT?"
- T- Complete Vocab on your study guide (here's the answer key)
- W- Work on Study Guide
- Th- Finish Study Guide by Friday and Review Independent Reading Guidelines (1st Journal Due Monday)
- F- IR Journal
Additional Story Resources:
- "The Most Dangerous Game" Plain Text
- Plot Chart-Due date not yet set
- Streaming / Downloadable Audio (the one from class)
12/3-12/7 HW: Bring IR Book each day
- Monday Night -Sniper Plot Chart, Study for Sniper Quiz with Literary elements (Kahoot! Review)
- QUIZ TODAY-Tuesday Night- Review Independent Reading Guidelines
- Weds- Read “TLotT?” and begin take home quiz (audio with story)
- Thurs- Finish and complete take home quiz
- Quiz Due Today- Friday/Weekend-IR Journal 1
11/26-11/30- HW: Look for an IR Book (due in class by Monday Dec. 3).
- Monday night-continue to search for an IR Book (see my classroom library by checking out the above link).
- Tuesday Night- Sniper Study Guide + Read the short story "The Sniper," by Liam O'Flaherty
- Glossary of Literary Terms (used to help you define the terms on your study guide).
- Weds- Arrive on Time Thursday / Friday
- Thurs/Friday-Have an IR Book by Monday
- *Be @ Library Thurs and Friday
*ATTWN Movie Day 4 Tuesday, Movie Day 3 Thursday (after school).
11/13-11/20 **Major Writing Project Due by 11/19/2018**
- Tues. Review Materials and Finish Writing Assignment #4.
- Weds.- Study / Do Review Packet (*LINK TO KAHOOT REVIEW)
- Thurs. TEST And Then There Were None 100 points
- Friday. Prepare and finish Writing Assignment Project. See back of Writing Assignment #5 for details. Two rough/Final drafts due on Monday, November 19th. 100 Points All prompts are listed on earlier dates with links.
- Mon. Finish ATTWN Epilogue + Manuscript with Questions, Study and bring materials.
- Weds- Study, Bring Materials, Review Outline
- Thurs. ESSAY DAY 1 **First Quarter CFA**
- Friday. ESSAY DAY 2
10/29-11/2: Study Questions for Chapters 13- end (not required for submission, but you should know each answer).
- Monday Night HW: CH. 13
- Tuesday Night HW: CH. 14
- Wednesday Night HW: CH. 15 + Writing Assignment #4
- Thursday Night HW: CH. 16
- Friday Night HW: Finish BOOK / Finish Epilogue and Manuscript
10/22-10/26: Be sure to have completed the writing assignment posted on 10/19 (link below)
- Monday Night HW: CH. 10 + Study Guide
- Tuesday Night HW: CH. 11+ Study Guide
- ½ Day Wednesday Night HW: NONE
- Thursday Night HW: CH. 12 + Study Guide
- Friday Night HW: CH. 13 + Study Guide, Finish Writing Assignment (#3 of #5 --you will submit two of the five writing assignments, edited, along with the originals for a full 100 point test grade in week nine).
- Monday Finish Reading Ch. 6 and Chapter 7 + COMPLETE THE Ch. 6 and 7 Study guide questions
- Tues Read and Complete Ch. 8 + Study Guide
- Wednesday- Study for Ch. 1-8 Quiz (Kahoot Review)
- QUIZ Thursday- Read Ch. 9, parts 1 - 4 only
- Friday- Finish Ch. 9 and Study guide. Finish Independent Writing Assignment (#2 of #5 --you will submit two of the five writing assignments, edited, along with the originals for a full 100 point test grade in week nine).
- Tues Read Ch. 5, parts 1 - 4 only
- Wednesday- Finish Chapter 5 + Study Guide
- Thursday- Read Ch. 6, parts 1 and 2 only
- Friday- Finish Ch. 6 and Study guide questions. ** NOTE** Chapter 7 is also found on this document. Please only complete questions 1-3
- Monday- Read Ch. 3, parts 1 and 2 only, study vocabulary
- Tuesday- Finish Chapter 3 + Study Guide, study vocabulary
- Wednesday- Vocabulary Quiz Words 1-10 only with parts of speech.
- Thursday- Finish Ch. 4 + Ch. 4 Study Guide
- Friday- None
9/24-9/28: FULL COPY AND AUDIO: And Then There Were None
- Monday- Project Work and Vocabulary due tomorrow (see link from last week)
- Tuesday- Read Chapter 1 and Finish Chapter 1 Study Guide, Read Chapter 2, parts 1-3
- Wednesday- FINISH project
- Thursday- PROJECT DUE TODAY (No HW)
- Friday- Finish Ch. 2 + Ch. 2 Study Guide, study vocabulary 1-10
- Monday- Project Work
- Tuesday- Finish Lunchroom Murder Writing (one per group)
- NO SCHOOL Wednesday- Finish Pre-Reading Questions, begin vocabulary (see key)
- Thursday- Read Chapter 1 parts 1-4, work on vocabulary
- Friday- Finish Vocab sheet (all 30 words), Finish Ch. 1 and Study Guide, work on project.
- Summer Reading Project Due Sept. 27th
- RUBRIC - **Subject to change--draft
- Venn Diagram for "Black Boy" -Due 9/12 -Story Link
- Plot Pyramid "Black Boy" -Due 9/13
- Quiz Black Boy / Plot Notes 9/13
Homework Calendar See Below
There are no upcoming events to display.